Maltego - OSINT & Forensics Platform
The course is oriented around Maltego. A powerful data mining and analysis platform, Maltego allows the collection of relevant data from diverse sources, organise it, map it and present it for human analysis
The ability to extract large volumes of data from diverse sources and then analyse it to understand the patterns and relationships it reveals can be immensely powerful when used correctly, and there are endless situations where this kind of analysis can be useful.
The aim of this training is to help teams in searching, analyzing and performing various kinds of investigations by combining Open Source Intelligence data via the Internet with Social Media Intelligence (SOCMINT) and existing internal data sources.
The training course will pay specific attention to the following topics:
- Understanding our digital footprint - what sites like Google and Facebook know about us.
- Fundamentals of SOCMINT in investigations.
- Theory of OSINT and adopting a methodology.
- Understanding OSINT "boundaries" - limits of OSINT Exploitation.
- Creating and protecting online personas for investigations.
- Filtering known good/bad from results.
- Understanding "relationships".
- Geolocation techniques.
- Geospatial Correlations.
- Pattern of Life.
- Sentiment Analysis.