Our Intelligence service team is growing and we are looking for a Threat Analyst to join us. Not only is the working environment pretty cool, the work you’ll be doing means you’ll be learning a lot and also working with some really smart people who are happy to share what they know. We also have great coffee.
This role is perfect for that person who literally gets excited about the thought of unpacking an attack, figuring out how they achieved what they did and then taking that information and creating practical defence guides and advice for our clients. If this sounds like you, send me an e-mail.
The “you can’t say that” formal stuff is below:
Title: Information Security Threat Analyst
We are looking for an information security analyst to join our threat intelligence team. This role’s about helping define and deliver our growing service portfolio. We provide intelligence based on investigations, industry collaborations and open/commercial data sources in the form of advisories to our clients. These highlight, and sometimes demonstrate, new threats relevant to their specific context, and how to react to active attacks or defend against future ones. You’ll work closely with our security operations centre, data teams, SensePost analysts and our clients. Interests in reverse engineering, digital forensics and network traffic analysts will come in useful.
- Rounded understanding of information security, especially defensive concepts and not just specific technologies
- Ability to write high-quality reports from technical raw data for an executive audience.
- Ability to operate and think fast. We love deep thinkers, but often you’ll need to respond quickly to fast-changing information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a Computer Security related discipline,
- or equivalent work experience (approximately 3 years)
Primary Location: Pretoria, South Africa
- 75% Threat research and reporting
- 15% Incident Investigations
- 10% Working on new defences